Jun 18, 2008

Strange is right!

I'm so glad that you also think Enoch is strange. I think in some way his character is meant to be comical, but I don't see it. He is just unimaginable!

Chapter 5: Haze is not nice to anyone and yes he did leave Enoch in the park bleeding! Something I've been noticing is the way Haze is not nice to ANYONE. Even people who are trying to help him- he is very stuck-up and rude to. Maybe he is afraid of getting close to anyone for fear they might die. This might be a reason for him preaching against Christ. The only thing I can think is that the woman and her children are representing purity or innocence? The little person in the case will come back in a future chapter- really creepy if you ask me.

Chapter 6: I like what you interpreted about the gas stations and hearing the "truth". The car in this book also is mentioned a lot. I know that Christians believe that in heaven your soul is given a "vehicle". Do you think that possibly his broken old junky car could be a representation of how he views his body? I'm never sure either if maybe I'm reading too much into things. Let me know what you think. I just read the next two chapters and even stranger things are happening. I can't wait to discuss these with you.

Also- I'm glad you posted your thoughts, because until today I had not noticed your previous comments attached to my posts. HaHa. So I thought you either were not getting my emails or something, because there was no response. I was thinking how unlike Denise that was- it was. What a relief!!

No comments: