Jun 26, 2008

Final Thoughts

I would say that police officers are suppose to be the "enforcers" of society. Perhaps we could consider them the "preachers" in everyday life. The ones who are guiding us and protecting us in a way. I think this would make sense then (if we could stretch it that far). However, they too are human and make just as many mistakes as the average person. The only thing that gives them authority (besides many times a weapon, like the Bible) is that a group of people decided collectively to recognize them as such.

I am also really glad that I was not brought up in a house full of religious fanatics. Don't get me wrong- I think religion can be a great thing. Sometimes some people take things a little too far or too seriously (can we say FLDS?). I wonder all the time at how individuals can go along with a crowd with no second thought to what they are going along with. Just because something makes sense for one person does not make it okay for everyone else. This world is not black and white- maybe that is what I found so intriquing about this book, nothing made sense.

Be that as it may I am looking forward to reading any book that might question religious values such as this one has!

No comments: