Jun 20, 2008

Ch. 7 & 8

I have a bunch of random ideas and thoughts that I jotted down while I was reading. They aren't exactly complete but are just some observations.

When Haze and Sabbath Hawks were together the author mentions the cloud in the sky a couple of times and also at the end of the chapter. I felt that maybe this cloud was "God"watching over them. At the end of the chapter the cloud turned into a bird and headed the opposite direction. Are Haze and Sabbath going away from God and enlightenment?

When Haze has conversations with Sabbath they don't exactly have proper dialogue with each other and it's like they are carrying on their own conversation with themselves almost. Like when she was explaining that she was a bastard, Haze was trying to set it right in his mind without hearing anything else she was saying. He was working out in his head how her father blinded himself, I think that he wondered if the story is really true.

What did you think about the story she tells him about the girl that no one wanted? I thought it was about her. I pictured that because as she mentioned her mom died at childbirth that she was being raised by her grandmother who went crazy and hanged herself which is why she is now with her Dad but looking to move on with someone else.

It is interesting that Haze has his mind set to seduce her but when she flirts with him he does not reciprocate at all.

Chapter 8 - Enoch
I have many questions about this character.
Who is his daddy? Is he possessed? What the hell is wrong with him? He seems to be doing things that he can't control, because of his blood.

If he hates animals to the degree that he does, why would he work at the zoo? Also that whole crazy story about the moose in the frame.

I am thinking that his daddy's purse is going to come up again somewhere.

Haze's church hasn't quite had all of the details worked out yet. His preaching to me seems like double talk. It's not clear what his message is or at least to me. Why would he be looking for a new jesus to represent his church if this is supposed to be the Church without Christ?

I can see now where the body is coming in to play again. This should be interesting. Looking forward to your comments.

No comments: