Jan 3, 2012

First thoughts, up to chapter 11 now...

One of my initial thoughts when I first was reading this book is about some of the things that we take for granted on a daily basis. The ability to listen to whatever kind of music we want to at practically any time. Thinking that it in order to hear music it used to have to be performed live, it is such a foreign concept to me since radio and recorded music has been around for my entire life. Don't get me wrong, I love attending concerts but to think that it is the only time I will hear these specific songs would make me feel sad. Also, automobile travel and the right for women to vote, these are basic things that I don't ever give much thought to since it is part of my reality. The book started getting interesting to me as soon as Mrs. Wilcox died. I have been able to cover more chapters now that I found the audiobook, hooray! I'm interested in seeing how things will progress from here. I know you are much further than I but I can't wait to see your initial thoughts...

No comments: