I FINISHED THE BOOK!!
The reason I liked this book so much is because of Dagny. What a strong woman (granted she seems to have slept with just about every major male figure in the story), she was the only one that didn't give up. I can't figure out if her relationship with John Galt is a good thing or bad thing. I wonder if his love for her is based on his need to be in charge of all the great minds. Nonetheless, Dagny is the vision of intelligence and wit. I like her character and aside from her constant bed-hopping, I like the way she handled life.
Lillian is the exact opposite of Dagny. You are right she is very cold-hearted. No, she didn't love Hank only herself. Her actions were deceitful.
Not sorry to read that James Taggert finally got what was coming to him. I feel bad about his wife. He was a rotten man who thought only of himself and when he realized how he evil he really was I was slightly shocked. I thought for sure he would continue his slimy trail through life without feeling any remorse what-so-ever.
Francisco is an interesting character. Working in the mills for Rearden showed that he really did care even though as a reader I was beginning to wonder. He wanted Rearden to leave and he wanted to be his friend. Francisco's solution to the looters was unique, instead of disappearing he played the sabotage game.
That's all for now, I want to give you a chance to post in reply... Thanks again for waiting for me!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment