After hearing this chapter I had to find some help because I was really confused- turns out after reading a few things on SPARKNOTES I had a right to feel confused.
I couldn't tell if Henry didn't want Bon to marry his sister because he was in fact having a relationship with her himself or if he wanted to have a relationship with Bon. Of course, the real reason was because he was already married to a prostitute or some girl he had won and then owned? It is hard to believe that things like this were going on in our country (they still are) not that long ago and people didn't get upset about it. Did you pick up on the homosexuality innuendos too, or am I crazy? The incest part wasn't that surprising since I think Faulkner hints at it in an earlier chapter- something about the children being too close?
I love southern dialectic, the accent is fun to listen to. I like the line at the end of this chapter made by Wash Jones: "Kilt him dead as a beef".
Also- when are we going to hear from Rosa Coldfield? Has she already talked? Am I correct in saying that the entire story up until now has been told by Quentin's grandfather? Quentin's grandmother was a friend to Judith and she was the one who received the letter from her, right? I hope I'm getting it all, please tell me if there is something I've missed. Thanks again for the book. You are too nice to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment