Somehow I have relistened to a good portion of the book this week, I do not believe that I will finish by the end of the month since that is tomorrow, sorry. It was good for me to repeat it since I missed some important parts of the story.
I am up to the part (again) where Densher is visiting Millie after she missed the dinner at Aunt Maud's house. (I may not be spelling the names correctly since I returned my copy of the book to the library.) They are just about to take a ride together in the carriage.
I am not sure that I believe Kate to be in love with Densher or if she were truly in love she would have "taken him as he is". From the scheming going on, do I understand correctly that Kate is pushing him to Millie that he would get together with her and since she is ill, would inherit her wealth when she passes away? It is sad to me that Millie's wealth is what they are most interested in and not her as a person.
Kate and her Aunt are not likable women but they are definitely interesting characters. I am anxious to see what happens with the Dr. and Susan Shepherd. Densher must truly be head over heels for Kate for him to follow along with her plans. She is weaving a web of deception, perhaps the only one she is honest with is herself, or is she?
You may already be finished, if so, sorry. I will really work on finishing this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment