Lindsey, I have started listening to the story again, sorry I got sidetracked and busy with other things.
Mrs. Lowder somewhat reminds me of the Miss Havashim from Great Expectations. Money is how she controls those around her, they all see that they can benefit in some way if Kate stays in tight with her.
I have been introduced to Milly and Mrs. Stringham but don't yet know how they fit into the story. Is Mrs. Stringham to Milly as Mrs. Lowder is to Kate? Do their lives parallel one another?
I am not sure that Densher won't be easily swayed by what Mrs. Lowder can do for him and his career. She seems to hold everyone's future in her hands and is well aware of it and seems manipulative enough to play them all as pawns in her schemes.
Would it be best for Kate and Densher to marry for love and to be together no matter how they struggle rather than to hope for their fortunes to come from someone who is so controlling and maybe evil?
I really like the way that this story is written, I believe that the author is clever in his writing style.
Are you ready to continue or should we hold back until the quarter is over?
No comments:
Post a Comment