I really enjoyed this book, and can't wait to read the sequel. Ursula was my favorite character (not just because she was a teacher). I liked the fact that she saw the destructive cycle that her parents were in and wanted to change it. I kept thinking up until the very end that she would end up marrying Skrebensky (who I think is 10 years her senior- not sure about that). Luckily for the two of them there was no such union- it would have been a disaster. It already was.
I think you were right when you talked about how Lawrence describes the colors of everything- quite a few times I noticed his vibrant explanations and words. I'm not sure what to make of the passage about the child walking in the fire. You are probably right, some foreshadowing or possibly a biblical reference that I am unaware of.
I tell you what the book was not missing- sex. Everyone was with everybody and the like, there were no borders or boundaries to who was attracted to who. I think it is the first book on our list that included a homosexual encounter. I thought the sex was a little overdone, but unfortunately our lives are dictated by our physical attractions- so Lawrence couldn't have wrote about life without it.
All done, looking forward to the next one!
No comments:
Post a Comment